Legal tender to tender gifts, these leavings of the sea have many uses on shore.
Pieces of Treasure
- A find from an ancient site. A relic of great archaeological value, the shells are at risk of being plundered by publish-happy academics.
- Remarkably similar to man's favorite obsession, this shell bears nature's own hallmarks.
- With sensual form and delicate tints, this whelk has long been used as a love charm. Old wives' tale? Pucker up!
- Removing the pearl from the shell robs it of its unusual glow. A perfectly centered specimen is traded for a kingly sum at exclusive jewellers.
- The charming shell, with an arrangement of banded agate fish, was once the must-have accessory of the season in a faraway land.
- The deep is the natural habitat of this spiral shell. The exceptional pressure creates rare gems out of sea-dust caught in the crenelles.
- A mythical shell said to bring lifelong happiness. Many have wasted their lives searching for the sea cave where the shell is supposedly kept.